Editorial from the New York Times on the 1997 Hyde Amendment, which allows Federal judges to award attorney fees and costs against prosecutors who engage in “gross misconduct.” This is an important check on abuse of power by the government and Texas could benefit by having a similar law.
- ‘Testilying’ by Police: A Stubborn Problem fb.me/2bTQJ2p1O 14 minutes ago
- fb.me/YPM2sHeU 1 hour ago
- Retweeted Scott Greenfield (@ScottGreenfield): Gideon v. Wainwright is 55 years old today, and we have still... fb.me/8XwcqEelR 12 hours ago
- Retweeted A Crime a Day (@CrimeADay): 16 USC §1540 & 50 CFR §23.15(c)(3)(i) make it a federal crime to travel... fb.me/2xqu9mpzo 12 hours ago
- RT @ScottGreenfield: Gideon v. Wainwright is 55 years old today, and we have still failed to adequately fund public defense. 12 hours ago