An important case involving the Cherokee Nation and the Indian Child Welfare Act is being appealed to the United States Supreme Court from South Carolina. Indians tend to fare pretty badly in the Supreme Court, particularly in the last 30-40 years. Hopefully, this time the Justices will instead do the right thing and preserve and strictly apply ICWA.
- ‘Testilying’ by Police: A Stubborn Problem fb.me/2bTQJ2p1O 17 minutes ago
- fb.me/YPM2sHeU 1 hour ago
- Retweeted Scott Greenfield (@ScottGreenfield): Gideon v. Wainwright is 55 years old today, and we have still... fb.me/8XwcqEelR 12 hours ago
- Retweeted A Crime a Day (@CrimeADay): 16 USC §1540 & 50 CFR §23.15(c)(3)(i) make it a federal crime to travel... fb.me/2xqu9mpzo 12 hours ago
- RT @ScottGreenfield: Gideon v. Wainwright is 55 years old today, and we have still failed to adequately fund public defense. 12 hours ago